“Clay for me is the medium by which I get to express the stories from within, from childhood doodles to more sophisticated whimsical narratives, depicting my beliefs about myself, God and my environment. It is this interaction of relationships that I endeavour to capture in quirky, figurative utilitarian forms.”
- 1990: Graduated with ND diploma In Ceramic Design with distinction in Studio Ceramics at Witwatersrand Technikon.
- ( University of Johannesburg )
- 1990-1992: NHD in Ceramic Design at University of Johannesburg.
- 1992: First Solo Exhibition of student ceramic work. ( Ferguson Fine Art, Rosebank , Jhb )
- 1989: Member of CSA (Ceramics South Africa)
- 1990: Style Magazine Design awards. Tea Set Competition. Won the ‘Ethnic Category’.
- 1990: Won the Pentagraph Award for Best Student of Design.
- 1992: Won First National Bank Prize for “Decorative Ware” at the 1st Corobrik Ceramic Exhibition.
- 1992: Article in National Ceramics Quarterly magazine.
- Tiffany has her ceramic work published in “A Decade of Democracy” : South African Art 1994-2004. See https://books.google.co.za
- 1996: Highly Commended Award from Cape Gallery for Ceramic vases at Western Cape Regional Ceramics Exhibition.
- 1996: “Your Family Magazine” article August 1996, “Creative Ceramicist”.
- 1997- Ceramic work on display @ Cape Town International Convention Centre. ( Iziko Collection)
- 1997: Ceramic Work accepted for Permanent Collection at South Africa Iziko Cultural Museum in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 2012: Won International Teapot Competition with Maritime theme, in Portugal, called “Seapots”.
- 2012: Winning “Fish Teapot”, permanent art collection at the South African Embassy in Lisbon.
- 2014: Article in CSA magazine (Ceramics Southern Africa) on “Whimsical Waves”, solo exhibition.
- 2016: Highly Commended Award for Sculpture at the SA National Ceramics Corobrik Biennial exhibition in Johannesburg, South Africa
- 2019 Opened the “Colour of Clay” Exhibition @ Fynarts Festival in Hermanus.
- 2020 : Finalist for Innibos SA Craft Awards.
- 1992: Ferguson Fine Art Gallery, Rosebank, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- 1996: Pottershop Gallery, Kalk Bay, Western Cape, South Africa.
- 1997: Pottershop Gallery, Kalk Bay, Western Cape, South Africa.
- 2014: Art InThe Forest, “Whimsical Waves”, Constantia Nek, Cape Town, South Africa.
- 2014:CSA Regional and National Exhibitions.
- 2015: Women in Clay @ Art In The Forest Gallery, Constantia Nek.
- 2017: Group Ceramic Exhibition : Beyond Fire @ Windsor Hotel in Hermanus.
- 2017: CSA Regional Exhibition @ The Alphen , Constantia .
- 2018: Group Exhibition at ‘Fynarts Festival’ in Hermanus.
- 2018: Cacti, Birds and Fynbos exhibition @ Rust –En –Vrede Gallery in Durbanville.
- 2019: Colour of Clay Exhibition @ Windsor Hotel, Fynarts Festival , Hermanus.
- 2020: CSA Regional exhibition @ Rust- En – Vrede, Durbanville.
- 2020 : Creative Collection Exhibition / Fynarts Covid programme, Hermanus
Artist: TIFFANY WALLACE
Title: We Still Need Water
Size: 30 x 26 x 12 cm
Price: R 4 900